our customers are number one - always. That's why everything we do is focused on providing excellent customer service and delivering low prices.
The information you share with Walmart allows us to provide the products and services you need and want while giving you the very best shopping experience. For example, when you shop on Walmart.com we use what we know about your shopping habits to let you easily reorder products and show you other products that may interest you.
Our founder Sam Walton reminded us that "a promise we make is a promise we keep," and it's our promise to customers that we respect the trust you place in us and the privacy of the information you share. Part of providing superior customer service includes making sure that we're building a relationship of trust with customers. Our way of doing that is to let you know in a clear, prominent, and easily accessible way how we collect, use, share, and above all protect your personal information.
Our Policy outlines:
- How and why we collect your personal information;
- How your personal information is used and protected;
- When and with whom we share your personal information; and
- What choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your personal information.
What Privacy Protections Apply to Specific Types of Personal Information?
Our specific privacy notices for our specialized operations include:
- Our health services operations, such as Walmart Pharmacies, Vision Center, and Clinics, use patient health information as described in the health services Notice of Privacy Practices. Review the Notice of Privacy Practices for the information practices specific to patient health information.
- Walmart makes a variety of financial products and services available to you, either directly or in connection with business partners. A description of information practices specific to financial products and services is available here.
- Walmart maintains separate privacy policies applicable to its international operations.
What is Our Pledge of Accountability?
We require our associates, business partners, and service providers to manage your personal information properly.
We have designated a team of trained associates who are responsible for helping to ensure compliance with this Policy. We require all those who manage customers’ personal information to do so properly and in accordance with our policies.
What Type of Information Do We Collect and How Do We Collect It?
We collect information to deliver the products and services you request, to help improve your shopping experience, and to support our business functions. We collect information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with our stores, websites, and mobile services.
What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect the following categories of personal information. Not all categories may be collected about every individual:
- Registration and contact details – your full name, address, email address and phone number and your contact history;
- Communications – details and where relevant copies of communications between us, your communication preferences and, if you are a beneficial owner, any information rights you have exercised;
- Payments – a record of dividends paid/payable to you or reinvestments through the Company’s Dividend Reinvestment Plan;
- Your account login details - this is your user name and chosen password;
- Contact preferences – how and whether you want us to contact you;
- Other – any special instructions or restrictions relating to your account.
How Do We Collect Information?
We collect information from you in a variety of ways. It may be:
- Provided directly by you or a member of your household
- Collected from a device associated with you or your household
- Collected through in-store technology
- Collected from another company within our family of companies
- Collected from an external third-party source
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to provide you products and services, such as to fulfill your requests for products or to help us personalize our services and marketing to you. We also use your personal information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions.
Some examples include:
- To fulfill your order or requests for services and provide customer service
- To create and maintain your account
- To conduct auditing and monitoring of transactions and engagement
- To conduct marketing, personalization, and third-party advertising
- To protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services and our business, and help prevent fraud
- To update our operational and technical functionality
- To conduct business analysis, such as analytics, projections, identifying areas for operational improvement
- To conduct research and development
- To fulfill our legal function or obligations
To ensure that you receive messages that you’ll love, are relevant to you and personalised to your interests and shopping experience, we add a pixel to our emails which helps us understand behaviours and personalise our campaigns.
Pixels are simply tiny images - which gives us insight into what you do with our emails, for example if it is delivered to your inbox, if you open it, mark it as spam or unsubscribe or if you click through to our website or an offer. Additionally, it also tells us the type of device you use to open the email and where you are in the case of open or click (by IP address and ‘best estimate’ geo location based on that IP).
By having this insight, it helps us deliver, what we hope, to be relevant content that is engaging to you enabling us to send you emails you hope to receive from us, when you want to receive them.
When you elect to receive marketing emails from us you are also consenting to us tracking these emails as described above. If you do not wish to have this tracking applied then you can elect not to receive our marketing emails or control this with your own email settings.
You can opt out of receiving personalised communications at any time via your online preference centre (which can be accessed using the instructions we include in any communication we send you) or by contacting our Customer Services team.
They help us understand your activity on our website and which of our products you are most interested in.
By using and browsing theworks.co.uk website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. If you do not consent, you must disable cookies or refrain from using the site.
The information from our email pixels, cookies and your purchase history are brought together to give us a unified customer view. This is so we can better understand what you would like to receive from us which enables us to offer you a more personalised shopping experience. Examples of this are birthday well wishes, emails at the beginning of the day rather than in the evening, promotional offers and insights that help us better plan our product range.
We do this by using data brought together by Ometria’s customer data platform. For instance:
- If we know a group of our customers want to hear about our latest products we store that preference and make sure they receive an email when we launch a new product; or
- If we have special offers for loyal customers (e.g. Together members) we will send those offers only to that group of customers.
Our aim is always for you to have a fabulous experience with us and we work hard to make sure that our analysis and use of your data are aligned with your expectations.
How do we protect your personal information?
At Our, we take the security of your personal information very seriously and engage the following best practices to keep your personal information secure:
- All our transactions are PCI Level 1 compliant. Click Here for further information on PCI.
- Your access to all transactional areas of our websites are secured via "https" technology.
- Access to your personal information is password protected and sensitive information is secured via SSL encryption and TSL 1.2 protocol.
- We regularly monitor our systems for vulnerabilities or attacks.
- We do not transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area.
Your rights and choices about your personal information
Your personal information is protected under data protection law and you have a number of rights (see below) which you can seek to exercise. Please contact us in writing, by email or telephone using the details shown under 'Contact and Complaints' below if you wish to do so, or if you have any queries in relation to your rights.
You have choices regarding the personal information that you share with Our:
- If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete you have the right to have this information corrected. If you have an online account or a registered Together Reward card, you can access and edit your personal information for yourself via our and clicking on the Account button at the top of the home page. Alternatively you can contact our Customer Services team.
- You can also access the personal information that we hold about you by making a Subject Access Request.
- You can request to close your accounts and delete all the personal information we have about you by contacting our Customer Services team. Please note that this right is not absolute and it may not be possible for us to delete the information we hold about you, for example, if we have an ongoing contractual relationship or are required to retain information to comply with our legal obligations.
- You can opt out of receiving personalised communications from Our at any time via your online preference centre (which can be accessed using the instructions we include in any communication we send you) or by contacting our Customer Services team. Please note that you may continue to receive communications from Our for a short period of time, whilst we process your request. However, we may still send you servicing messages such as emails relating to an order you have placed with us or a notification when you receive a Reward Voucher on your Together Rewards Card.
- You can instruct us to send your information to another organisation, where this is technically feasible.
Please remember that if you choose not to share your personal information with us, you might not receive some of the services that you have asked for.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their operation. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to those websites.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will only retain and process your personal information for as long as we have a legitimate reason to retain and process it.
When you place an order with us online or make a purchase in-store, we will keep the personal information you give us for six years.
We will keep details of your membership of your Together Rewards Card programme for as long as you remain an active member. Your Together Rewards Card account will be closed and your personal information anonymised if you do not show any activity on your account for six years.
At the end of the retention period, will delete any personal information or anonymise it.
Who we share your personal information with
At Our, we promise never to sell your personal information to any third parties.
We may share your personal information with our trusted business partners to process transactions in the course of fulfilling your order and to further improve your customer experience.
We will only provide information they need to perform their specific services and they may only use your personal information for the exact purposes we specify. With your consent we my pass your information to named third parties so they can send you marketing material about products and services they offer.
Contact & Complaints
If you have any questions about how we treat your personal data and protect your privacy, if you have any comments or wish to seek to exercise any of your rights as outlined above or to complain, please contact us